Blended Learning Apprentice
Hethersett Old, Hall, Norfolk
Full Time (37 hours) – Temporary
£19,032 - £20,706 per annum
Friday, 29 October 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2074 on application form
Norfolk Constabulary employs approximately 1490 police officers, 1400 members of police staff, and 252 Special Constables.
The Human Resources Team works to make sure that the Constabulary recruits, trains and develops a diverse, skilled and healthy workforce, which can respond to the unique challenges of policing and reflect the changing communities within Norfolk.
The Human Resources Team also provide essential support to ensure that the Constabulary maximises the effectiveness of its workforce. This contributes to the performance of the Force, helping us to build trust and confidence in our communities and reduce crime and disorder.
Digital Blended Learning and People Development teams are part of Human Resources’ and are responsible for every aspect of training and continued development of our workforce to ensure it is fit to meet the demand of modern-day policing.
As a Business Support Apprentice, you will receive in job learning, training and support to develop your knowledge, experience and skills in order to qualify as a Level 3 Business Administrator. This will be a great career opportunity to join a busy and professional team working within Norfolk Constabulary.
The Business Support Apprentice role will sit within the Digital Blended Learning and People Development teams and the role will be supervised by the Blended Learning Manager. The post holder will work with their colleagues, but their primary function will be to help and support the work of the Blended Learning team by helping to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a range of administrative support activities including processing documents and information, electronic filing and distributing material
- To learn how to maintain and update a variety of computerised systems associated with the work of the Blended Learning Team
- To assist with the monitoring of email inboxes; retrieving, reviewing and disseminating messages and generating standard correspondence, as appropriate
- To deal with general telephone, teams and face to face enquiries with colleagues, stakeholders in a competent, courteous and professional manner, forwarding to other colleagues and supervisors, as appropriate
- To process general and ad hoc requests for administrative support and assistance to the People Development Team
- To assist with the preparation and collation of management information
- To provide administrative support for key service delivery meetings, including the circulation of meeting papers in a timely manner, drafting agendas and recording minutes and actions as directed
- To assist with the undertaking of purchase ordering, checking, recording and reporting processes in line with protocols and policies, as directed
- To support diary and event management of the Blended Learning and People Development Teams
- •To support colleagues with the preparation, production and delivery of events and presentations
- To learn to use a variety of technologies, software, systems and processes in order to provide administration support to the teams
- To help research and manage bookings for meeting rooms where required
- To ensure intranet contact telephone numbers and details are routinely updated
- To promote and comply with the policies on health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
- To promote and comply with policies with regard to both personal and building security
- To comply with and promote equality legislation and policies on diversity and equality. Take steps to eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations
- To fully participate in the apprentice development review process
- All staff must adhere to and comply with Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Human Rights legislation. It is the responsibility of all staff to maintain data quality and security
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and grade as may be requested by management
- The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general level of the duties and responsibility of the role, the duties may from time to time vary without changing the general character of the role or the levels of responsibilities
We take continuous professional development seriously and we are committed to ensure everyone performs at their best and develops their potential for future roles.
We envisage the successful candidate to grow with the organisation and we will look to support the individual in securing a role either within or outside of the organisation once the apprenticeship has finished.
Job advert (including person specification)
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Able to produce written work to a good standard of accuracy and conciseness
- Able to understand and process verbal/written instructions in order to complete tasks
- Able to use a variety of IT and office technologies
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors and customers
- Can remain calm and professional under pressure and when dealing with others
- A desire to self-develop, complete apprenticeship qualification and apply learning
- Enthusiastic and motivated about working in a policing support environment
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Capable of using own initiative to query, clarify and process details
- Capable of working with sensitive information
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]