Admin & Research Coordinator
OCC Wymondham, with an anticipated move to the Broadland Gate Investigation Hub
Band C: £20,115 - £22,668 per annum
18 October 2019 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C494A on application form
An opportunity has arisen for highly motivated individuals to join the Child Abuse Investigation Unit (CAIU) within the Safeguarding & Investigations Command.
The successful applicant will assist with the preparation of Child Protection reports and provide administrative support to the Child Abuse Investigation Unit. The material handled by the post holder will concern matters of a sensitive or distressing nature either in verbal, written or visual form
The successful applicants will be required to:
- Research and analyse data from local and national police systems. Extract relevant information and prepare accurate reports for multi-agency Child Protection Conferences.
- Liaise with partner agencies for investigative and safeguarding enquiries.
- Management of Child Protection Conference enquiries and updating systems accordingly.
- Process telephone calls and enquiries sensitively and professionally.
- Undertake audio and copy typing of witness and suspect interviews, statements and documents.
- Provide administrative support for enquiries conducted by the Child Abuse Investigation Unit.
- Support the department in the running of the team to include arranging the maintenance of fleet vehicles and maintain the property store.
- Order, store and distribute stationery supplies ensuring sufficient stock levels are maintained.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and grade as may be requested by management.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proven office/ administration experience
- Proven data input skills
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am until 4pm. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].