Admin Assistants (x3) (L1286) – Operation Hydrant
Moss Way, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Part Time Temporary until 31.3.2021
25.5 hours – Mornings - Monday – Friday
22.2 hours – Monday – Wednesday
22.2 hours – Wednesday – Friday
Band C: £20,619 - £23,235 per annum / pro rata (subject to evaluation)
Closing Date: Sunday 26th January 2020 at 12 Midnight.
Interviews: to be held week commencing 3rd February 2020
Please quote Ref: L1286 on application form
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire; Operation Hydrant is the national coordination hub for non-recent child sexual abuse cases involving people of public prominence and/or within an institution or organisation.
The Operation was established in August 2014 as it became clear that police forces across the country were experiencing a surge in reports of non-recent child sexual abuse from adults in the wake of revelations around Jimmy Savile, our work facilitates forces to agree primacy, promotes collaborative working, and expedites the sharing of intelligence and information.
These roles are newly created based within our now centralised administration resource support all business areas within Operation Hydrant.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Keyboard skills and a proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, with proven experience of working with database systems.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience of working within a clerical/administration environment
- Experience of dealing with partner agencies in person or on the telephone
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise tasks effectively and appropriately
- Displays initiative and confidence to deal with problems in the first instance and escalate issues to management in a timely and constructive manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and an adaptable approach, actively supporting and assisting the team to reach their objectives
- Good communication skills both verbally and writing
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous secretarial experience
- Working knowledge of the principles of Disclosure and Data Protection
- Ability to travel
Hours of work and patterns of work are as outlined above with considerable flexibility in relation to daily hours. This post is offered on a temporary basis to 31.03.2021.
Norfolk constabulary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].