Firearms Variation | Norfolk Constabulary

You are here

Firearms Variation

How do I apply for a variation to my firearm certificate?

To apply for a variation to your firearm certificate you will need to download and complete the variation form

Please ensure that you send your current firearm certificate with your application.

For more information on Firearms Law, please refer to the Home Office Guide on Firearms Licensing Law.

Where do I send my form?

Please send your completed form to:

Firearm Licensing Unit

Norfolk Constabulary

Falconers Chase



NR18 0WW

Do I need a referee?

Please note that referees are not required for variations.

How long will it take?

We will deal with your application as quickly as possible. However, you will appreciate we have to consider these matters very carefully and have a number of enquiries to make.

How much will it cost?

If your application is a one-for-one exchange of firearms, or of authorities to acquire firearms, then there is no fee to pay. You should however dispose of any firearm you wish removed from your certificate before applying.

If you are increasing your holding of firearms, or if more than seven days have elapsed in the case of a weapon disposal, you should include a fee of £20 and your cheque/postal order should be made payable to The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk (OPCCN).


If you need further assistance, please contact us