The joint Finance Department aims to deliver a high quality, timely service to internal and external stakeholders. Our core value is to deliver a high quality, consistent service to Suffolk and Norfolk Constabularies and to the Offices of the Police and Crime Commissionerss for Suffolk and for Norfolk.
The Finance Department’s main purpose is to support and underpin operational policing by ensuring that financial resources and operational strategies are aligned, and that staff and suppliers are correctly paid. Without resources to pay staff and provide goods and services, and without the processes to make those payments happen, policing cannot operate.
Core functions include:
1. Strategic financial services
- A proactive Business Partner function for each of the two forces' departments
- Sstrategic financial and organisational advice
- Budget preparation and forecasting
- Budget monitoring and maintenance
- Overseeing the arrangements for devolved financial management.
- Business liaison activities
2. Financial accounting and specialist functions:
- Statutory reporting
- Financial probity
- Financial governance
- Fixed asset control and capital monitoring
- Full treasury management services, banking and cash management
- Taxation compliance and advice
- Insurance arrangements
3. Transactional services:
- Salary payments
- Pensions payroll and advice
- Creditor payments
- Income administration