Do you want the opportunity for a varied and challenging policing career in an exceptional force?
We are seeking applications from existing constables and sergeants to fill vacancies in both detective and uniform roles. We are committed to making the most out of the existing skills that you have developed whilst offering you the opportunity to operate in a modern working environment.
Please note although we are currently still accepting applications for transfer into Norfolk we will not be making any formal offers until the new financial year (April 2019).
Norfolk is one of the safest counties in the country with Norwich being one of the safest cities in the UK. Nevertheless, policing such a large county presents officers with unique challenges creating a broad range of roles.
- traditional response
- neighbourhood beat patrols
- proactive problem solving
- Intercept teams
- road policing
- criminal investigation
- Specialist roles in Protective Services in collaboration with Suffolk Constabulary.
As well as recruiting transferees from all uniformed functions, we are also interested in officers who are currently;
- Detective constables who are ICIDP qualified or working towards the qualification
- Authorised firearms officers
In Norfolk we can offer you job satisfaction combined with a great quality of life and short commutes. We also have a vibrant city, vast countryside and award-winning beaches on your doorstep.
Norfolk Police actively promotes an equal opportunities policy. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community.
We also offer the opportunity for you to visit the force (expenses paid) to patrol with officers as well as offer a transferee network which can offer you the support you need when joining a new force.
We have opportunities for all front line uniformed police constable and sergeant transferees.
- be a police officer in a home office force or the British Transport Police,
- have at least 2 years' service left to commit to,
- hold the basic level driving within your current force and will be expected to complete response driving unless you are being posted into a Detective post,
- be able to provide your last two Performance Development Reviews (PDR),
- pass the necessary vetting, fitness test and occupational health checks,
- meet our attendance standards,
- have no outstanding complaints or disciplinary matters and a history that indicates high professional standard and conduct,
- be financially solvent,
- declare any business interests at the time of applying.
What happens next?
The recruitment process for constables will consist of initial application short listing, PSD clearance, interview, fitness test, vetting clearance, medical and references. This might seem like a long list, but we will try to complete some of it on the same day. If you are invited to interview you will be required to give a 10 minute presentation on a given subject.
If you are ambitious and aspire to a diverse policing career in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, we would love for you to join us.
For an application pack please email: email@example.com