Senior Safety Camera Enforcement Officer
Band D: £23,361 - £26,433 per annum and weekend working allowance
Closing date: Friday 29 March at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L931 on application form
Supervise the Camera Enforcement Officers and hold overall responsibility for the maintenance of cameras and ancillary equipment. Install and operate speed and traffic signal enforcement cameras as required and undertake the review and adjudication of offences detected by such devices.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lift heavy equipment at waist and shoulder height
- Previous experience of maintaining accurate administrative records
- Good communication skills with an ability to clearly present information/evidence in court
- Current full driving licence (valid for type of vehicle used by team) due to the need to travel to various sites in force vehicles
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to work effectively under own initiative
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety risk assessments
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proficient in operating and understanding technical equipment
- Understanding of the Criminal Justice system, road traffic law and the rules of evidence
Hours of work are 37 per week on a 6 week shift pattern including weekends. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to email@example.com.