Landmark house, Ipswich
Band C: £20,115 - £22,668 per annum/pro rata
Closing date: Friday 29 March at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L917 on application form
Applications are invited for the above post in the Property Management and Vehicle Recovery Team, Joint Criminal Justice Services Landmark House, Ipswich.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering a collaborated property management service across Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. This involves providing a service to Constabulary personnel, members of the public, external organisations and other forces with regards the receipt, storage, management and disposal of found property and property seized subject to enquiry. The role will ensure the appropriate manual and computerised records are maintained in respect of all items that come into police possession, providing assurance in respect of continuity of evidence for items required for Court presentation.
The correct management of property in police possession in an important element of the police service therefore the successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to be self-motivated and methodical whilst maintaining the professional integrity of the Constabulary.
There may be a requirement to travel around Suffolk and Norfolk visiting other sites and stores, assisting with managing property levels at those sites and acting as a specific point of contact for personnel in relation to the receipt, tracking, storage and disposal of material and property that enters police possession.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to retain a clear, professional approach with staff and officers of all levels
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work in a methodical manner, paying close attention to detail
- Experience of working to/following set procedures/guidelines in an organised approach and understanding and following policy and guidance
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst also being able to work effectively as part of a multi-sited team
- Good keyboard skills, with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Full driving licence to drive Force vehicles to locations across Norfolk and Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of using a property or inventory tracking system in a property management/store keeping environment
- Previous experience in a police or legal environment
Hours of work are 20.42 hours [20:25 hours] per week between the hours of 0800 – 1700, Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.