Case Officer – Traffic Justice Unit
Temporary for 2 years
£23,361 - £26,433 per annum / pro rata
Friday 22 March at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L912 on application form
Responsibility for timely prosecution files submitted by police officers and staff, ensuring all evidential criteria are met, timeliness and file quality standards are achieved and any relevant enquires are initiated and completed.\make prosecution decisions using the Prosecutions and Diversion policy and other guidance or instructions as necessary.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Working knowledge of the current criminal law and procedure relating to the evidential and legal requirements for the preparation, marking up and submission of offence files
- Proven ability to analyse information from a number of sources identifying and deficiencies or shortcomings
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills
- Competent keyboard skills with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create accurate reports
- Proven experience of prioritising and managing own workload within given deadlines whilst consistently achieving accuracy and quality standards
- Previous experience within a police or legal environment
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Possession of or working towards an appropriate criminal legal qualification (or equivalent eq Certificate in Case Preparation)
Hours of work are 22.2 hours per week (3 days) Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to email@example.com.